![]() |
| Stone fruit salad featuring peaches and plums |
On the weekend I had a fabulous seasonal stone fruit salad featuring peaches and plums with arugula leaves and Parmesan cheese shaved on top.
Aside from making the salad look colourful and bright, the peach slices were so sweet and juicy, that I savoured every bite.
When I was younger, I was allergic to fresh peaches, nectarines and cherries. I could eat cooked or canned stone fruit. But after eating raw ones, my mouth and lips would feel itchy and would take a while for the uncomfortable feeling to subside.
Oral allergy syndrome is a thing! It usually occurs in people with pollen allergies (which I did).
As a result I avoided eating peaches, nectarines and cherries for decades. But a few years ago I started eating cherries and didn't have any allergic reaction! Ditto goes for peaches, nectarines and plums!
The benefits of getting older -- childhood allergies disappearing and having another reason to enjoy summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment