Thursday, August 20, 2026

Picture of the Day: Reflecting Sunset

The sunset reflected off the wall of glass at Oakridge Park


The last few days the skies were hazy because of smoke from the wildfires in Summerland, British Columbia, about 300km east of Vancouver.

But today blue skies and fluffy white clouds appeared and temperatures were nice at 22 degrees Celsius.

I met friends visiting from Hong Kong for an early dinner in Burnaby, where we gorged on lots of sushi rolls, cubes of tuna sashimi mixed with spinach and miso sauce, spicy scallop rolls, and chicken terriyaki with pan-fried vegetables.

On my way back home I stopped at the intersection of Cambie and 41st Avenue and saw the sun reflected off the massive Oakridge Park development and snapped this pic.

Meanwhile, gas prices have soared these days and I had under a quarter tank left. As I drove to Burnaby, gas stations were posting $2.10 per litre, which was eye-watering and hardly anyone dared to fill up.

To my surprise at the next intersection at Oak and 41st Avenue, Petro-Canada was selling gas at $1.94 a litre. I immediately pulled into the station and filled up.

It's sad that anything below $2 a litre is considered a deal these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture of the Day: Reflecting Sunset

The sunset reflected off the wall of glass at Oakridge Park The last few days the skies were hazy because of smoke from the wildfires in Sum...