Sunday, January 21, 2024

Star Power at HK Marathon


The Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon was back this Sunday Hong Kong time, and on my social media feeds I saw many people I know who participated, either in the full marathon, half or 10K.

Known for hiking almost daily, actor Chow Yun-fat ran in the half marathon and completed it in 2 hours and 26 minutes -- not bad for a 68 year old.

"I felt very comfortable in general, but there were some sections of the route that were slightly challenging due to the inclines," Chow said. "I had to be patient and take it slow."

He is already aiming to cut his time to 2 hours and 15 minutes in next year's race.

"There were a lot of people and the vibe was very nice. I'm happy to see a lot of senior residents running with me. I encourage Hongkongers to do more exercise," he said.

It must have been a shocker to see Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po lace up and actually run -- in the 2K Leaders' Cup. Interestingly his bib number was "852".

The route was from the Wan Chai Sports Ground to Victoria Park, and Chan came in second, after business tycoon Peter Woo Kwong-ching.

Is 2K the best Chan can do? What about Secretary for Security Chris Tang Ping-keung getting out and pounding the pavement?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrumptious Baked Goods at YVR

Delectable baked goods from Pure Bread at YVR The other day I discovered a pretty good bakery -- at Vancouver International Airport no less....