Saturday, July 22, 2023

Remembering Tony Bennett

Tony Bennett put his heart and soul into every song he sang

This morning I woke up to the sad news that crooner Tony Bennett had passed away at the age of 96.

I have a quick Tony Bennett story:

In the early 80s when I was a kid, my family and I were in a hotel elevator in Seattle when the door opened and the famous crooner dressed in a tuxedo walked in.

We were stunned for a moment until my dad (a massive fan) asked if he could shake Tony Bennett's hand.

They did and soon after he walked out of the lift.

Frank Sinatra said Bennett was "the best singer in the business."

The two stars will be reunited.

Thank you for your voice, passion and conviction.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Singaporean Artist's Versatility on Display

Cheong focuses on life in the countryside  Also at the National Gallery Singapore was an exhibition on artist Cheong Soo Pieng (1917-1983) w...