Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Kennedy Town's New and Old Shops


A stationary store with everything you need

A friend Whatsapped me to say he was visiting my old neighbourhood, Kennedy Town, even checking out a restaurant on the same street where I used to live.

It's a new restaurant serving chicken cooked in different ways -- Hainan chicken, Sichuan chicken, roast chicken leg...

My friend's purchase of pens
Afterwards he texted me again, asking where the nearest stationary store was and I directed him to Knowledge Stationary Centre on Catchick Street, near Belcher Bay Park.

He went in to get some pens and soon after sent a picture of five pens for HK$70.

I remarked that I missed buying my appointment book there for HK$28, but that I bought my 2023 one in Vancouver for C$26!

The owner told my friend the stationary store has been open for over 70 years!

He will be back towards the end of the year to get his 2024 calendar.

Hopefully this shop, which seems to stock almost everything you would need in a stationary store, will still continue to operate for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promoting Recycled Chopsticks at YVR

Come get your recycled chopstick coasters at YVR! At YVR or Vancouver International Airport I was surprised but pleased to see a Vancouver b...