Sunday, November 20, 2022

Picture of the Day: Hakka Croquettes

Hakka croquettes made with taro and fish paste


This evening my aunt tried to make taro and fish croquettes that my grandma used to make. It was her first attempt at recreating the dish, and while it tasted good, the texture wasn't crispy enough.

She had used fish paste, but my mother suggested using a fish fillet and mincing it with a knife it to get a firmer texture along with more flour in the mix.

It's a Hakka dish that my grandma used to make around Chinese New Year.

I had never tasted these before and enjoyed the taste, very smooth inside and crispy on the outside, but my aunt said it should be crispy inside too.

Looking forward to the second attempt! They make great hors d'oeuvres with wine or beer!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Mommy Dead and Dearest

An "ill" Gypsy Rose with mother Dee Dee Another documentary I saw on the flight to Hong Kong was Mommy Dead and Dearest that was ...