Saturday, September 10, 2022

Picture of the Day: Cows Ice Cream

My scoop of Royal Cownadian Mint!

Ice cream! Ice cream! 

We all scream for ice cream!

At Whistler there's one place that regularly has lines out the door.

It's called Cows ice cream and its location in Whistler Village is the only one in British Columbia!

My parents' friend alerted me to this shop -- he makes a pilgrimage to the place every time he's at Whistler and I can see why.

First off is the flavours. There's no boring vanilla or chocolate, but fun-sounding ones like Nanaimoo Bar (custard flavoured ice cream with a hint of coconut, chocolate marble and chocolate wafer pieces; Orange Cowsicle (vanilla ice cream with orange creamsicle sauce); and Black Angus Forest (chocolate ice cream with cherries and marshmallow sauce).

After my epic hike on Whistler and Blackcomb, I felt I deserved some ice cream and headed to Cows ice cream where there was a relatively short line of about 10 people in front of me.

I tried to check out the flavours, but could only see the names posted on the wall, while the actual tubs of ice cream were halfway to the cash register.

In the end I settled with Royal Cownadian Mint (chocolate ice cream infused with pure peppermint oil, with chocolate marble and chocolate wafer pieces).

Customers can have their ice cream in a cup, a regular waffle cone, or ones decorated with chocolate sauce,  or chocolate sauce with nuts or sprinkles. 

At over CAD$6.00 a scoop, it's almost double the cost of a regular ice cream.

However, many appreciate the ice creams are much creamier -- they boast having a higher fat content at 14-18 percent compared to regular ice cream at 10-12 percent.

That said my scoop of chocolate mint ice cream wasn't too rich-tasting and not too sweet either.

If ice cream is not your thing, there are other things to buy in the shop, from cheese to chocolate-covered potato chips, and cow-themed merchandise from children's books to calendars, hats, socks and even beach towels.

A pity there is only one shop in Whistler! 

Cows

4313 Main Street, Unit #1

Whistler, BC

604 938 9822

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Mommy Dead and Dearest

An "ill" Gypsy Rose with mother Dee Dee Another documentary I saw on the flight to Hong Kong was Mommy Dead and Dearest that was ...