Saturday, April 13, 2024

Picture of the Day: Changi's Jewel

Checking out the world's tallest waterfall

Had an early morning flight to Singapore and just my luck (and everyone else in economy), we had  to put up with a wailing baby who had lungs of steel and cried non-stop until the plane took off. 

What was funny was a friend of mine had a flight to Singapore too, an hour earlier than me. However, his Cathay Pacific plane had issues with its cargo hold and was sitting at the gate for 45 minutes; I boarded my Singapore Airlines plane and we pushed off from the gate before my friend and actually landed in Changi Airport before him too!

I ended up having to meet him where he was at Terminal 4, rather than Terminal 3 where I landed.

That meant taking the train from T3 to T2, which is near T4. As I took the train, it entered Jewel Changi Airport, the highlight being the stunning HSBC Rain Vortex, a ring of water that rains down from the ceiling. 

It was designed by Canadian architect Moshe Safdie, and at 40 metres tall, it is the world's tallest indoor waterfall.

Needless to say it was quite cool to see it finally and be in awe of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gourmet Coffee in Singapore

The menu has over 200 coffees to choose from! In Singapore, a friend took me to a coffee shop called Bacha Coffee . It's a cafe and shop...