Monday, March 18, 2024

Picture of the Day: Spring is Blooming


Lovely magnolias in bloom under blue skies


This weekend we had almost summer-like temperatures with a high of 15 degrees! 

With that comes signs of spring -- first it was snowdrops and then crocuses, and now the magnolias and plum blossoms are beginning to bloom.

Plum blossoms in fierce pink
I have only seen plum blossoms so far -- cherry blossoms are more dense in terms of petals, and dusty pink in colour; I hope to see the city "pinked out" as writer and artist Douglas Coupland has described Vancouver in spring.

While it's lovely to see all these flowers coming out, my sinuses are frazzled!

My allergies are back with a vengeance!

Last year I didn't suffer from allergies after being in Hong Kong for so long, but perhaps my body has adjusted and now I'm getting itchy eyes and am prone to sneezing.

I'm taking some mild medication for now, and hope these allergies will be over soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture of the Day: Totem Pole in HK

The totem pole is blocked by potted plants One day during my trip to Hong Kong I had some extra time in the late afternoon before meeting a ...