Sunday, November 5, 2023

Picture of the Day: Steam Fog in the Forest


Some dramatic scenes in the forest today

This morning it was raining heavily and so I didn't expect to be able to go walking outside.

However, by around 10.30am the skies cleared up to reveal patches of blue and about an hour later I headed out to Pacific Spirit Park.

I walked along a trail that went west and then I turned and went south towards the University of British Columbia. Then I started walking east and then north and that's when I started to see what's called "steam fog", when there is a steam or mist due to the change in temperature and the sun's rays hit is creating a dramatic sight.

The steam fog revealed sun's rays
Only when I saw a person taking pictures of this "steam fog" and the rays hitting the trees that I took my smartphone out to take photos too.

Every few paces I would turn around and marvel at the phenomenon unfolding in front of me and take more pictures.

After a while, perhaps because the temperatures were getting warmer and evened out that the "steam fog" was less pronounced, or perhaps I was in a different area of the park that there were no more dramatic sights.

Nevertheless, I felt extremely lucky to be able to witness such an awe-inspiring scene! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrumptious Baked Goods at YVR

Delectable baked goods from Pure Bread at YVR The other day I discovered a pretty good bakery -- at Vancouver International Airport no less....