Sunday, July 3, 2022

Picture of the Day: Blast from the Past

Digging out the past from my closet, 25 years later


I recently cleaned out my closet and found an envelope containing these two magazines dating back from the 1997 handover of Hong Kong back to China.

The Time magazine was more happy go lucky, with a long amusing article on 97 reasons to love Hong Kong, while Newsweek had more substance with a serious look at the city's history and hopes for the future.

I remember carrying my copy of Time magazine with me and getting people to sign it. I just thought it was a fun exercise at the time. 

Flipping through the pages 25 years later, there are some signatures I can make out, and the rest I have no idea who they are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Long, KITEC

KITEC is a large complex with offices, concert space, banquets When I think of Kowloon Bay, it reminds of me of the first two jobs I had tha...