Thursday, April 28, 2022

Welcome to Goodbye HK, Hello YVR

Can't get enough of the pretty cherry blossoms

Welcome to Goodbye HK, Hello YVR!

It took me a long time to think of an appropriate name and I think this fits the bill as I will continue to write about Hong Kong, but also about adjusting back to Vancouver.

The last time I lived here was in 2003 for four years and 15 years later I'm back! I hope to document these changes as well as my experiences of reintegrating back into the community.

I've come back at a good time -- the cherry blossoms are out in bloom along with the rhododendrons, camellias and magnolias, and for the most part it isn't raining! 

It's great to be surrounded by natural scenery, unlike the parks in Hong Kong where ever inch is  programmed in case people don't know what to do with open spaces. 

The two extremes make great talking points and there will probably be a lot of comparisons!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Press Freedom Under Attack

Palestinian journalists were recognised for their work this year Today is World Press Freedom Day and Palestinians were awarded the UNESCO p...